Are you a freelancer or small business owner who is looking for ways to strengthen your business behind the scenes, while your resources (time, energy and money) are being temporarily diverted into other areas during Coronavirus?
Fact: Your audience are sat at home right now looking at their phones! Not only are they spending more time online, but they’re also connecting more with other people via video call and messenger and local communities are joining together.
Which means that people are potentially talking about you and your business services (or products).
And we all know the power of word of mouth recommendations!
- 90% of people trust suggestions from family and friends.
- 74% of consumers identify word-of-mouth as a key influencer in their purchasing decision.
- 91% of B2B buyers are influenced by word-of-mouth when making their buying decision.
But given the current Coronavirus pandemic and lockdown situation, you may well be feeling scared, anxious and stressed about life, business, money and health.
- There are bills to pay and mouths to feed, and your savings won’t last for long.
- Juggling homeschooling, childcare, cooking, cleaning and working from home is overwhelming.
- Your emotional well-being is being pushed to the limit as you and your family are confined to your home almost 24/7.
However, if you’re anything like me, you may have already started seeing some positives to this enforced ‘stay-at-home’ period.
- More time with your children. Sure, they drive you crazy at times. And yes, they eat snacks every 45 minutes. But despite all the financial worries bubbling beneath the surface, your kids will look back and remember the board games and the picnics in the lounge; the summer mummy was home every day to play with them and help them with school projects and art work.
- More leisure time. That’s more time to read, learn a new skill, join an online community, finish that course you started, get outside for daily walks…
- Less time stuck in traffic or commuting (and less money spent on petrol and train/bus/taxi fares).
- Less money spent on ‘habit buys’ – like coffee on the way to work, sweet treats after school, that pretty dress you couldn’t resist….
- Plus, no alarm clock needed, no ironing school or work clothes and no forgotten PE kits!
As business owners, creatives, entrepreneurs and freelancers, we understand the importance of staying mentally and physically healthy.
We know that when we feel our best, we bring more energy and vitality to our business. (And how that magnetism and energy attracts the right clients – our dream clients!)
Right now, the best three things we can do for ourselves and our businesses are:
- Look after your body, mind and soul. Get fresh air, exercise and eat well. Meditate, read and learn new skills.
- Support your online and local community by investing in other small businesses. Even if you can’t afford to pay anyone right now, share their social media posts, add uplifting comments or send a personal message telling someone how their words brightened or inspired your day.
- Build connections by taking conversations to the next level; meeting for Zoom coffee dates and group ‘business parties’.
How can I help you?
Throughout April (and probably for May too!), I’m switching my services away from large projects and offering smaller, low cost pieces of copywriting and editing, so that I can help more people to stay in business and come out the other side of Coronavirus relatively unscathed.
My services will enable you to:
- Strengthen the back end of your business – ensuring the emails, paperwork, funnels and freebies you send to your clients are typo-free, engaging and achieve the desired result.
- Create a reservoir of new content to build an engaged audience over the coming months.
- Spend your limited ‘work’ time with your 1-1 clients and be free to enjoy quality time with your children, partner or online friends.
Just some of the ways I can create engaging new content for you without you having to do anything…
- Take your old blogs and refresh them into new ones.
- Take your old blogs and repurpose them into social media posts, PDF cheat sheets or email/newsletter content.
- Take a short (under 10 minute) video from your website/YouTube/Facebook and repurpose into a blog, social media post, PDF cheat sheet or email/newsletter content.
I will proof read new web copy, email funnels, freebies, launch posts or other content and make minor edits to ensure it’s free from typos and can be read easily online and appeals to your audience.
£60 for small pieces of work (up to an hour).
£100 for pieces of work up to 2 hours.
If you’d like some behind-the-scenes help to ensure your business rides the Coronavirus wave and that nobody gets lost at sea when things become choppy, then get in touch today via Facebook or Instagram DM or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Statistics from: https://www.getambassador.com/blog/word-of-mouth-marketing-statistics)